Saturday, July 12, 2014

NEUSCHWANSTEIN!!!

So after Australia I had two MUST-SEE's - the Parthenon and Neuschwanstein...

I still remember living in Vicenza and begging to go to Germany "so I can see the castles"...

The 'white' in the middle of that mountain range is Neuschwanstein...
This whole area is gorgeous!  And the sun today is a miracle as yesterday (Dachau) the rain was AWFUL!


Hohenschwangau was the Wittelbach family's palace...this is where King Ludwig II (who built Neuschwanstein) lived when he was little...


And then suddenly it SNOWED!
Just kidding.....

Beautiful view, no?

Ludwig II built this pretty much during/after the US Civil War...

He only completed 1/3 of his plans cuz he "died" (found floating in lake...he was depressed and wanted to be alone, but some think he was killed cuz he was crazy...)



The crowds waiting to enter...


That is the Marien bridge where we'll get the BEST view of Neuschwanstein...but first inside...where of course we can't take photos  :*(   If you can believe it, the inside was BETTER than the outside...

Now we're out on one of the balconies...WHAT A VIEW!!  There Hohenschwangau down below...

Now we have to walk up and up and up...I'm so out of shape...I had to stop and stop and stop  :*(

CRAZINESS on the BRIDGE!  I can't believe that they allow this to happen...some of the boards felt like they were going to give-way...

YES!!!

Below...yikes!

Looking up and behind (Ludwig II grew up around here and decided to build Neuschwanstein here cuz he loved the river and the drop and and and)

Hi Mommy!  I'm safe :)
And right after this they stuffed us all in a little bus and I had a panic attack and yelled at the driver for 30 seconds to open the door and ran out!  Yay...can't wait to get on a plane to Amsterdam...

So much better...beautiful and calm...

Surrounding areas near Neuschwanstein...I LOVE SOUTHERN GERMANY!!!

Just over that mountain is Austria!

Beautiful view!

This place is FULL of old ruins of castles...
Gorgeous! (on the left is the mountain where Neuschwanstein is)

And this is my spot, where we started...such a view!  I love it!  And I'm SO grateful for this day...cuz yesterday was RAIN and much of the coming weather is RAIN  :*(





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.